- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, soften the spinach in the oil for 1 minute while stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the spinach in a sieve, gently pressing down on the spinach to help remove any liquid. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled spinach, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, shape the mixture into balls. Finish by rolling them with lightly oiled hands. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet. Freeze at this point, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, drain the tomatoes.
- Serve the meatballs on plates with the tomato salad. Serve with couscous and plain Greek yogurt, if desired.
You can replace the turkey with chicken or pork. If your favourite meat is on sale, double the recipe and freeze half of them.