- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with pepper. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up, on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften and are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until lightly simmering (see note). Carefully crack the eggs directly into the skillet and cook, on one side only, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the whites are set and the edges are golden and crispy.
- Rub the grilled bread with the garlic clove. Top the bread with the burrata and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the chives. Place a fried egg on each toast. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and red pepper flakes, if desired.
You can also choose to fry the eggs in 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.