- In a personal blender, finely chop the tomato and garlic. Add the oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve, if desired.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- On a large plate, coat the bell peppers and zucchini in the oil. Season with salt. Place the vegetables directly on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning them over halfway through. On a work surface, coarsely chop the vegetables. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the pasta, dressing, cherry tomatoes and herbs. Mix gently to combine and adjust the seasoning.
You can add grilled asparagus and chopped bocconcini to the salad.