- With the rack in the top third of the oven, preheat to 400°F (200°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, lemon zest and juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few times, until it forms pea-sized pieces. Add the milk mixture and pulse just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Do not overwork the dough.
- On a floured work surface, form the dough into an 18-inch (45 cm) square using your fingers or a rolling pin. Cover with the raspberries. Loosely roll the dough up into a long log. Gently press the dough into a rectangle about 1 ¼ inch (3.5 cm) thick. Cut the dough into 7 rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half to get two triangles. Place the scones on the baking sheets, evenly spacing them out. Freeze at this point, if desired (see note).
- Brush the scones with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 18 to 20 minutes or until the scones are golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
To help you with this recipe
This rolling pin has a smooth and non-stick stainless steel surface. It can be chilled beforehand in the freezer, making it easier to work with the dough. Removable silicone discs slide easily onto the pin to help roll out your preferred pastry thickness.
24.99 $SHOP NOW