It is really not that hard to find ways to cut 100 calories at various times throughout the day. Here are 10 ideas to help you get there.
10 ways to save 100 calories
- At breakfast, substitute your morning bagel for an English muffin (those of the whole wheat variety are delicious and fill you up more).
- With your eggs, replace four slices of bacon with two slices of ham.
- Instead of a croissant, choose two slices of bread.
- At your local café, forget about a mochaccino with whipped cream and ask for a large latté sprinkled with cocoa.
- Instead of a handful of dry roasted almonds for a snack, half the portion and add an apple.
- Craving something salty? Exchange your small bag of chips for two cups of popcorn.
- Spread mustard on your sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.
- At the mall, order a stir-fry with a half-portion of rice.
- Dying for dessert? Opt for a pie with one crust.
- Thirsty for a cocktail? Instead of ordinary beer, try a 0.5% beer. Or replace that piña colada with a cosmopolitan.
A nutrition and health enthusiast who loves to share: this description fits Hélène Laurendeau to a tee. She has been active for more than 25 years in the media and communications field. Nutritionist, host, columnist, author and speaker, Hélène holds a Bachelor degree in Nutrition and a Master degree in Epidemiology. She has spread her knowledge alongside Ricardo every week since 2005, as part of his daily show broadcast on ICI Radio-Canada Télé, as well as in Ricardo magazine, where she pens the Bien se nourrir (Eating Well) column.