- Rinse the rice in cold water, draining repeatedly until the water runs clear. In a saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce the heat, stir and cover. Cook without stirring until al dente, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, dust both sides of the chicken breasts with allspice. Set aside for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken breasts in the oil until evenly browned and no longer pink in the centre, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- In the same skillet, toast the almonds, adding oil if necessary. Add the rice and broth and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve with the almond rice