- In a food processor, roughly crush half of the beans. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, brown the onion in the oil. Add the garlic, bell pepper, carrots, celery and chili pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed and whole beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, spices and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and it has the consistency of a thick chili. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the top of each loaf and remove the inside crumb. Set the crumb aside for another use. Place each hollowed out loaf on a plate.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Adjust the seasoning. Spoon the chili into the bread bowls. Sprinkle with grated cheese and cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.