Salmon Nigiri Sushi
- 1 lb (454 g) Atlantic salmon
- 1 cup (250 ml) sushi rice
- Cut the salmon into pieces of about 20 g each, against the grain of the fish.
- Form an oblong ball with the rice, working with your right hand slightly moistened, and the amount of rice should not exceed 15 ml (1 tablespoon) per piece of sushi. Place the slice of fish on the fingertips of your left hand. Spread wasabi with the index finger of your right hand and place on the rice.
- With the thumb and middle finger of your right hand, fold the edges of the piece of salmon so that it fits over the top of the rice ball.
- When eating, dip the piece of sushi, salmon side down, in the soy sauce.
- Avoid dipping the rice.
You should count about 20 g of fish per nigiri, but still buy a little extra. To make beautiful pieces, you often have to square off the piece of fish. The remaining pieces of fish can be used to make maki.