- Using a knife, cut off the peel and white pith from the orange and lemon. Dice the zests. Chop the flesh of the citrus fruits and set aside. In a saucepan, cover the zest with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 6 minutes. Strain off the water and return the zest to the pot with the measured water and sugar.
- Simmer gently until the liquid evaporates.
- In a bowl, combine the candied zest, breadcrumbs, 1 clove garlic, oil, egg and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In the bottom of a roasting pan, spread the citrus flesh, stock and remaining clove of garlic. Place the rack on top and then the leg flat on it. Press the breading on the meat.
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 60 °C (140 °F). After it is cooked, cover the meat with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour the cooking juices into a saucepan and add the rosemary. Simmer gently for a few minutes and strain. Adjust seasoning.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little oil. Season salt and pepper. Brown under the broiler for a few minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Polenta (to be prepared 25 minutes before the end of cooking the lamb)
- In a saucepan, cook the cornmeal and milk over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the cheeses and cook until melted. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place the polenta in the centre of the plate. Position 4 asparagus spears in a star-shape pattern and place 3 to 4 slices of lamb on top. Drizzle with cooking juices.