- Cook the potatoes in a microwave oven on high, about 7 minutes. Turn them over and cook until tender, about 8 minutes depending on size. Let cool partially.
- Slit the potatoes lengthwise. Open gently and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1 cm (1/2 inch) of flesh all around. Set aside half the removed flesh. Set aside theremainder for another use.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the onion and mushrooms in the oil. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute more. Deglaze with the broth. Add the meat and reserved potatoes and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon the filling into the potatoes. Top with cheese. Place the potatoes in a baking dish. Bake until the cheese is browned, about 20 minutes.