Pork and Orange Skewers with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- 3 large seedless Navel oranges
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) pork tenderloin, cut into 32 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Peel the oranges raw. Cut each orange into eight 2.5-cm (1-inch) cubes. Set the cubes aside for the skewers and the remaining flesh for the marinade.
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients and the reserved orange flesh. Pour into a bowl, add the pork and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Thread 4 pork cubes on each skewer, alternating with 2 pepper cubes and 3 orange cubes. Season with pepper.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with yogurt sauce and Vietnamese noodles.