- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate. Preheat the deep fryer to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Grill the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the meat is well done. Toast the buns.
- Meanwhile, fry the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on the paper towels. Season with salt.
- Spread ketchup on the inside of the toasted buns. Place the patties on the bottom halves of the buns and garnish with banana pepper slices and fries. Cover with the top halves of the buns.
Frita is a Cuban take on the American hamburger that uses paprika-spiced beef. It is topped with julienned fries and ketchup.