- Place the cabbage in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave oven, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil. Pour over the cabbage, add the sour cream and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while preparing the burgers.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, place ½ cup of the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, soak the bread slices in the milk. Let rest for 5 minutes. Squeeze the bread with your hands, discard the remaining milk and place the bread back in the bowl. Add the chicken, butter, nutmeg and remaining bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape 4 patties and coat with the reserved bread crumbs.
- Grill the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Toast the buns.
- Place the grilled patties on the toasted buns and top generously with coleslaw.