- In a saucepan, soften the onion, garlic and pepper in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes, broth and lime pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the lime. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- While cooking the soup, brush the tortillas with the oil and cut into thin strips. Place the tortilla pieces on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Pour the soup into 4 large bowls. Garnish with green onions, avocado, mango, and cilantro. Sprinkle with tortilla pieces and serve with lime wedges and sour cream.
You can easily freeze this soup without the garnish.