- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. With a melon baller, remove the gills (the dark part) from the mushrooms and discard.
- 2. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet, brown the bacon in the butter. Add the shallots, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, sundried tomatoes and chopped mushrooms. Sauté until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, parsley and stir to combine. Let cool.
- Coarsely crumble the goat cheese and stir gently to combine with the chopped vegetables. Stuff the mushroom caps with that mixture and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. As an appetizer, serve one big or two small mushrooms per person.
You can replace the goat cheese with another creamy soft cheese, a Boursault, for example.