Warm Beef Salad over Asparagus and Beans with Remoulade Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) beef flap steak, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 recipe Versatile Marinade
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) asparagus, cooked and halved
- 3/4 lb (375 g) yellow wax beans, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) baby arugula or lamb’s lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- In a glass dish or in a large sealable bag, combine the meat with the marinade. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- Drain the meat. Grill the steaks on each side until the desired doneness (rare or medium-rare for tender meat). Set the meat aside on a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, mustard, green onions, and parsley. Add the asparagus and beans. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the meat and serve over the vegetable salad. Top with arugula.