- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time until the butter is the size of peas. Add the oil and water and pulse again until the dough just begins to form. Remove the dough from the food processor and form a disc.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough and line a 23-cm (9-inch) Pyrex or ceramic pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the onions, celery, and bell pepper with the sausage in the oil, crumbling the meat with the back of a fork. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with the remaining ingredients. Spoon into the crust. Bake for about 35 minutes or until filling is firm in the centre.