Beer Battered Fried Calamari with Cucumber Sauce
- 25 MIN
- 30 MIN
- In a deep fryer, preheat the oil to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a small bowl, combine all the cucumber sauce ingredients. Refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk together the beer, 250 ml (1 cup) of flour, oregano, salt and pepper until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a plate, combine the remaining flour and cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat the calamari dry. Cut the bodies into 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick rings. Toss lightly, a few pieces at a time, in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess. Dip the calamari rings in the batter. Dredge again in the flour mixture.
- Fry the calamari for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Serve with the cucumber sauce and lemon wedges.