Cream of Sweet Potato, Apple and Clove Soup
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) ground cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Apple slices, for garnish
- In a saucepan, soften the leek in the butter. Add the apple and sweet potatoes. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the chicken broth and ground cloves. Cover and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Purée in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot. Garnish with apple slices sautéed in butter, if desired.