- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up. Brush with oil and broil for about 8 minutes or until the skin has blackened. Place the peppers in an airtight container and let cool. Remove the skin. Chop and set aside.
- In a food processor, purée the beans until smooth with the broth and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a skillet, soften the garlic with the corn kernels in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the beans with the peppers, corn, garlic, tomatoes, cheese, and green onions. Adjust the seasoning.
- Lay half of the tortillas on a flat work surface. Spread the vegetable mixture on them and cover with the remaining tortillas. Press lightly.
- In one or two large non-stick skillet, cook the quesadillas, one at a time, for about 3 minutes on each side over low heat in the remaining oil. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
You can also cook the quesadillas on the grill over medium heat.