Pickled Vegetable Frittata
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) pickled mushrooms, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup (120 g) roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 jar (170 ml) oil-packed artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup (23 g) chopped parsley
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (35 g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 F).
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, mushrooms, peppers, artichokes, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a 23-cm (9-inch) non-stick skillet, brown the onion and bacon in the oil. Deglaze the skillet with the broth and reduce until almost dry. Add the egg mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the frittata is firm. If necessary, brown under the broiler. Serve with a salad.
To save time, we use store-bought pickled vegetables. You can substitute with sautéed mushrooms and homemade roasted bell peppers.