- In a saucepan, combine apples with lemon juice, blueberries and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until mixture is slightly syrupy. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk with a whisk until smooth.
- In a non-stick skillet lightly brushed with butter, cook pancakes over medium heat, one at a time, with about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter each, spooning into 12-cm (5-inch) discs. Cook for about a minute and a half on each side.
- As you go, place cooked pancakes on a plate in a warm oven and cover with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out. Keep warm on a baking sheet.
- Stack three pancakes per person on a plate, top with blueberry sauce and whipped cream.
You can replace half the milk with buttermilk for an even softer texture.