- 6 hot dogs, approximately
Martin Larocque’sHot Dogs
- 1 lb (454 g) chopped horsemeat
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh thyme, to taste
- Ground turmeric, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared yellow mustard
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce, approximately
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- With you hands, shape approximately 6 sausages with the meat mixture.
- In nonstick skillet, brown the sausages in the butter until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Place each sausage in a lettuce leaf and drizzle with the sauce.