1 H 10 MIN
- 4 to 6 servings
Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) wild rice
- 3 1/4 cups (810 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, brown the onion in the butter. Add the celery, carrots, and garlic and cook while stirring for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Add the cranberries and walnuts. Adjust the seasoning.