- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cocoa powder
- 4 cups (1 litre) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) espresso
- 6 oz (170 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Baileys (Irish Cream liqueur)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cocoa powder. Add the milk, coffee, and chocolate. Bring to boil, stirring with a whisk. Keep warm.
- In a high-sided container, froth the milk and Baileys with an immersion blender or a milk frother.
- Pour the hot chocolate into six cups and top with the milk and Baileys foam.
If desired, garnish with a coconut marshmallow (without the coconut coating)