- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until fully cooked. Drain and set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven’s broiler. Butter an 8-cup (2 litre) baking dish or four 2-cup (500 ml) ramekins.
- In a pot, melt the butter. Add the flour and spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the evaporated milk and broth and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup (100 g) of the cheddar, 1 cup (100 g) of the havarti and all of the Velveeta-style cheese. Stir until well incorporated. Add the pasta and cook just until heated through. Adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon into the baking dish or ramekins. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has lightly browned.