Pappardelle with Braised Rabbit
- 30 MIN
- 1 H 45 MIN
- In a large saucepan or skillet with high edges, brown the rabbit in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same saucepan, soften the carrots, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle with the flour and cook while stirring for about 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, and rabbit pieces. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over medium heat, for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove the rabbit and bay leaf. Debone the meat and return it to the sauce. Adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until tender. Drain and oil lightly if they have to wait aside.
- Add the pasta and herbs to the pan with the rabbit sauce. Stir to combine and heat through. Stir in the cheese and season, to taste.
We fell in love for this creamy pasta recipe; the rich sauce with braised rabbit is off the beaten track, since it doesn’t include tomatoes.
The rabbit sauce freezes well.