- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in the oil until the onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth, sugar, and 500 ml (2 cups) of cranberries. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining cranberries and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled. Adjust the seasoning.
You can serve this delicious chutney with turkey or meat pies.
You can also spoon it on a warm goat cheese hors d’oeuvres.