- 1 store-bought 8-inch square thin crust pizza
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) roasted onion compote
- 2 slices bacon, cut into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded sharp cheddar or Gruyère cheese
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet. Spread with the onion compote and top with the bacon and cheese. Generously season with pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is crispy. Cut into 16 squares.
You can substitute the onion spread with sour cream. In this case, add ¼ thinly sliced onion on the pizza.