- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) mirin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sambal oelek
- 1 piece beef tenderloin, about 11 oz (300 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) mayonnaise
- Mache or mesclun lettuce
- In a glass bowl or in a sealable plastic bag, combine all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, brown the beef on all sides in the oil without overcooking the meat. Let cool for a few minutes. Place the tenderloin in the marinade and coat thoroughly. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and strain the marinade through a sieve.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the strained marinade.
- Thinly slice the meat against the grain and divide among plates. Serve with the lettuce and drizzle with the mayonnaise.
If you have leftover meat, serve it in a sandwich.