- With an oyster knife and a thick cloth, shuck oysters and remove meat from shells. Place hollowed shells on a baking sheet covered with crumpled aluminum foil or coarse salt to stabilize shells. Place oysters in a sieve over a bowl. Keep juices. Refrigerate, if necessary.
- In a saucepan, soften onions in butter. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pastis and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Add cream, milk and reserved oyster juices. Bring to a boil. Add spinach, arugula and parsley, and cook, stirring constantly, until greens have wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- With the rack in the upper third position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- In a bowl, combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Fill each shell with cream mixture and top with an oyster. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for about 4 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
To help you with this recipe
The RICARDO oyster set was specially designed for shellfish lovers! It comes with a convenient oyster holder with a non-slip coating and finger guard, providing for safe shucking. The sturdy bevelled blade of the oyster knife lets you easily tackle the toughest oyster shells.
39.99 $SHOP NOW