- 30 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 main dishes or 6 appetizers
- Remove marrow from bones. To do this, press marrow with your thumb in order to pop it out of the bone. If necessary, remove with a small knife. Slice marrow into 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick slices. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add saffron. Keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, brown marrow in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter until partially melted. Add onion and soften. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat well. Add white wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Over medium heat, add broth, about 250 ml (1 cup) at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes or until rice is al dente. Add broth, if needed.
- Off the heat, add Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Mix thoroughly until texture is very creamy. Adjust seasoning.
- Divide risotto into bowls. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese, if desired.