- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup (50 g) black and green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken on both sides in the oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Add the green onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Add half the white wine and simmer until almost dry.
- Add half the broth, the rosemary and olives. Simmer uncovered over low heat until the liquid has reduced by half. Gradually add the remaining wine and broth during cooking as soon as the liquid has reduced by half. Turn the chicken a few times during cooking to coat well with the sauce.
- Simmer gently for about 30 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is fork tender and the sauce has thickened. Adjust the seasoning. Remove the rosemary sprig.
- Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.
Add the liquid gradually to allow the meat to caramelize.