- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, eggs, sesame and sunflower seeds, parsley, pepper, paprika, and vegetable flakes. Add the water and mix well until smooth. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape into 8 patties. Careful, it is a bit sticky!
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet and fry the patties until golden brown.
- Pour enough water to cover halfway up the patties, add the tamari and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning them a few times in the cooking juices.
- When the liquid is completely reduced, serve immediately.