- In a saucepan, bring 500 ml (2 cups) of the chicken broth with the ham bone and potatoes to a boil (the bone is added for flavour). Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are al dente. Remove the bone. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a skillet, soften the leek in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and mix well. Add the remaining broth (125 ml / ½ cup), the ham, broccoli, milk and mustard. Bring to a boil. Off the heat, add the reserved broth and potatoes and mix well. Pour into a 28 x 20-cm (11 x 8-inch) baking dish.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 25 cm (10-inch) square. Cut into 16 small squares. Cover the entire surface of the dish with the small squares of dough, overlapping and stretching slightly, if needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk and water. With a pastry brush, brush the dough with the egg wash. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
You can replace the Spiced Apple Glazed Ham with any leftover ham to make this recipe.