Cream of Zucchini Soup
- 1 large green zucchini, diced (about 2 cups/310 g)
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- Plain yogurt (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- In a small pot, soften the zucchini, potato, shallot and garlic in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Adjust the seasoning. Garnish with yogurt, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh chives if desired.
To make this velvety soup into a meal, add a nice thick slice of toasted bread and, for more protein, when puréeing in the blender, you can add a boiled egg.