Meatball Curry with Coconut Milk
- 55 MIN
- 1 H
- 6 servings
- In a large bowl, pour the water. Soak the bread slices and squeeze out excess water. Discard the water.
- In the same bowl, thoroughly combine the moistened bread with all the other ingredients, except the oil. Season with salt and pepper. With your hands, roll small meatballs of approximately 2 tbsp each. (You should have about 30 meatballs.)
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium high-heat, brown the meatballs in the oil. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, brown the onion in the oil. Add the tomatoes (or tomato sauce) and cook until softened. Add the tomato paste and curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, adding a little water if the mixture starts to stick to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, potatoes and meatballs. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the meatballs and the potatoes are tender.
- Delicious with Spiced Rice Pilaf (see recipe below) and naan or chapati.