- 3 to 4 servings
Chicken Banh Mi
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mirin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) hot pepper sauce (sambal oelek, sriracha, etc.), or to taste
- 1/8 tsp five spice powder
- 1 baguette
- 2 cups (340 g) cooked chicken, cooled and torn into large pieces
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves, as desired
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Slice the baguette open lengthwise. Spread the inside of the baguette with half of the mayonnaise. Cut the bread into 3 or 4 sections.
- In the bowl, toss the chicken with the remaining mayonnaise to coat well.
- Spoon the chicken salad onto the bread. Garnish with the cucumber, carrot, green onion and cilantro.