Cream of Asparagus and Basil Soup
- Cut the asparagus into pieces. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook ½ cup (60 g) of the asparagus tips until al dente. Cool in ice water. Drain and set aside for garnish.
- In the same pot over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the potato and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the remaining asparagus. Cover and continue cooking for about 4 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- In a blender, purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese and pesto. Spread the mixture on the bread slices and top with the asparagus tips and basil leaves.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with basil leaves and pesto. Serve with the toast.
per serving › Carbohydrate 17 g / Fibre 3 g