- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, soften the asparagus and garlic in half the oil (1 tbsp/15 ml) until the asparagus are tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Add the warm asparagus, chickpeas and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pat the cheese dry with paper towel.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, brown the cheese for a few seconds on each side in the remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil.
- Divide the salad among 4 bowls. Top with slices of grilled cheese. Sprinkle with basil leaves.