Rustic Kale and Squash Pie
- 40 MIN
- 50 MIN
- 6 to 8 appetizers
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 17 x 12-inch (43 x 30 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the bacon and squash in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the kale, leek, garlic and water. Cook for 5 minutes or until the kale is al dente. Add the nutmeg and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 14-inch (36 cm) disc about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the sour cream on the dough up to 2 inches (5 cm) from the edge.
- Spoon the cooled filling onto the sour cream. Fold the edges of the dough toward the centre over the filling, forming pleats. Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Thyme Sour Cream
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Top each pie slice with a dollop of thyme sour cream.
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Total: 40 min