- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a shallow dish, combine the corn flour, salt, sugar and spices. In a second shallow dish, beat the eggs. Place the bread crumbs in a third dish.
- Dredge the tomatoes in the flour mixture. Dip in the eggs. Press and coat in the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 inch (1 cm) of oil, making sure to maintain the quantity of oil throughout cooking. Fry half of the tomatoes at a time for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly season with salt. Let cool.
- Serve the fried tomatoes with the dip and raw vegetables, if desired.