Saltine Cracker Pork Tonkatsu Bowls
- 35 MIN
- 30 MIN
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Let marinate at room temperature until ready to serve.
- In a saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Season with salt. Stir, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until the liquid is completely absorbed. Fluff the rice, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and spices in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs. Season with pepper. Place the crushed saltines in a third dish.
- Dredge the pork in the flour and shake to remove any excess. Dip in the beaten eggs, then firmly press to coat with saltines. Set aside on a large plate.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat 1/2 inch (1 cm) of oil. Fry several pork strips at a time for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until golden brown and cooked through. Add oil while frying, if needed. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Serve the rice, pickled vegetables and some of its marinade into bowls. Top with the fried pork. Drizzle with hoisin sauce.