- In a glass dish, combine the chicken, pickle juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight, turning the chicken once or twice. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, combine the vegetables and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken over the vegetables and oil lightly. Bake for 1 hour or until the meat easily detaches from the bone and the vegetables are tender.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the garlic in the oil. Add the parsley, rosemary, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes or until the parsley has wilted. Add the chopped pickles, mayonnaise and water. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Thin out the sauce with water, if needed.
- Serve the chicken with the herb sauce.
Get the most out of herbs by using their leaves and stems. A mixture of fresh and dried herbs is as flavourful as it is economical.