- 1 1/4 lb (565 g) strip loin steak, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick, left at room temperature 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb (340 g) Brussels sprouts, cut into slices 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) wasabi paste
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Place the steak on a plate and brush each side with the wasabi. Season with salt and pepper and brush with the oil.
- Grill the steak for 3 minutes on each side for rare, or until the desired doneness. Let rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, soften the Brussels sprouts in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the corn and peas (see note). Cover and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Slice the meat and serve with the vegetables and wasabi mayonnaise.
If fresh corn is in season, boil 2 or 3 ears and cut the kernels off the cob. If available, blanch 2/3 lb (300 g) of fresh peas in salted boiling water before adding to the Brussels sprouts.