- In a small pot, combine the tapioca pearls, coconut milk, sugar and salt. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the tapioca thickens and is transparent, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the tapioca. Let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely chilled.
- When ready to serve, stir the tapioca with a rubber spatula until smooth. If needed, add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of water at a time to reach a thinner consistency.
- Fill shallow dishes with the shaved ice and top with the coconut tapioca and diced mango. Drizzle with the condensed milk.
For finely crushed ice, place ice cubes in a sealable plastic bag or pillowcase, then pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin before finely crushing in a food processor.