- Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
- In a pot, bring the rice, water, and salt to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until the water has just been completely absorbed by the rice. Remove from the heat and let rest 10 minutes, covered. Remove the cover and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature (see note).
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and vinegar. Add the fish and sesame seeds. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the rice to bowls. Top with fish, vegetables, and cilantro. Serve with the sauce on the side and lime wedges, if desired.
You can also use a rice cooker and cook the rice according to the manufacturer’s instructions.