- In a pot over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Add the bulgur, half the pine nuts, the currants and spice blend. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add the carrot juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the stem ends off the bell peppers and remove the ribs and seeds.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Stir the egg into the bulgur mixture. With a small spoon, generously fill each pepper with the mixture, pressing down lightly to pack in the filling.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown one side of each pepper in the remaining oil. Turn the peppers over. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is cooked and the peppers are tender. Garnish with the remaining pine nuts and the arugula. Drizzle with the vinegar.