- In a bowl, combine the carrot, cabbage, cilantro, vinegar, sugar and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, sauté the green onions in the remaining oil until tender and golden brown. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the same skillet over high heat, brown the fish fillets for 3 minutes per side or until the fish is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, shred the fish into chunks. Add the fish to the green onions and toss gently to combine.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, warm the tortillas in a bit of oil.
- Spoon the fish mixture over the tortillas. Top with the carrot salad and tomatillo salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
Tomatillos are small green fruit wrapped in a papery shell, like ground cherries. They are found canned, fresh or ready-made into a salsa in select grocery stores or Latin American markets.