- 2 dozen
Salmon Tartare and Pickled Ginger Canapés
- 10 oz (280 g) skinless salmon fillet, cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp pickled ginger, cut into julienne
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) sambal oelek
- 24 crackers
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into fine julienne, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) long
- In a bowl, combine the salmon with the mayonnaise, pickled ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar and sambal. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the tartare among the baguettes. Garnish with the cucumber. Serve immediately.